Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assets Imported from Fixed Asset Manager are not transferring to the new year.

rich
Level 1

Last year we imported a lot of data from Fixed Asset Manager into returns so that we had the UBIA info in the file.  When we imported, we had to do some cleanup to clear errors from the import.

This year, the fixed assets imported from FAM are not transferring to the new year.  Is there any way to make the fixed assets imported in the prior year rollover to the new year.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rich
Level 1

Rick -

That's what I was afraid of.  Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.  It's very much appreciated.  Have a good busy season.

-Rich

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
rbynaker
Level 13

Not that I'm aware of.  Once you start down the path to the dark side, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Make your updates in FAM 2018 to match what you did in PS 2018.  Then roll FAM 2018 to FAM 2019 and close the year.  Make any 2019 changes (new assets, sold assets, etc.) and export FAM 2019 to PS 2019.

Once you have assets in FAM you have to export/import every year.  ProSeries is "smart" enough to know that the assets were imported last year so it will not roll them over to the new year (it assumes you're going to update FAM and export them again.)

Rick

rich
Level 1

Rick -

That's what I was afraid of.  Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.  It's very much appreciated.  Have a good busy season.

-Rich

0 Cheers