Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 MFJ vs MFS Worksheet missing QBI?

leisacpa2011
Level 1

2018 worksheet will be useless or worse, give wrong information about filing separate if no line item for QBI.  Am I missing something?  I didn't even see that listed in everything the worksheet won't do.  At least add a line item for manual entry?  I'd take away the worksheet until fixed.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ernie
Level 9

QBI is not ready yet.  Once they get it ready it should.  I will flag Ashley to let her know this is a problem and she can see if it documented.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Ernie
Level 9

QBI is not ready yet.  Once they get it ready it should.  I will flag Ashley to let her know this is a problem and she can see if it documented.

0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) @Matt105 could you check if this is a known problem or on the list to fix when 199A is done?
leisacpa2011
Level 1
Now says it won't calculate QBI on this worksheet.  But, even worse, the state tax deduction is not limited for the MFS columns making the entire worksheet useless.
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
Mine has Salt limited to $5K and a space to manually enter QBI.  Have you updated recently?
0 Cheers
leisacpa2011
Level 1
I have!  But i entered too much to delete the file and start over.  I will check out another client. thx
0 Cheers
taxesrita
Level 1

Hi ! Any update ? Just ran into this issue today.

I did an override to put the QBI in the spouse column, and Taxable Income *does* recalculate, but nothing else does- the tax amount stays the same.

When will this get updated? We can do some math to figure things out on our own, but pay for software so we don't have to consult tax tables to do extra math work for a basic critical analysis

Thanks!

0 Cheers