Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 1040

Dave W
Level 3

Trying to e-file a 2018 1040 with ProSeries. Won't go through because, I'm told, my software hasn't been updated. I run the update routine, but there are no new updates. Try to e-file again, no, no, my software hasn't been updated. Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

This has been asked a ba-zillion times and I have NO clue why PS does it this way.

Look under Updates and then down to "refresh".  THAT supposedly is how to solve the issue.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
abctax55
Level 15

This has been asked a ba-zillion times and I have NO clue why PS does it this way.

Look under Updates and then down to "refresh".  THAT supposedly is how to solve the issue.

( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You need to use one of these 2 methods to REFRESH updates to fix this.

refresh.pngrefresh2018.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
On the toolbar, if you click Information >View Alerts you'll find the yellow banner alert that popped up at the top of the program several weeks ago explaining how to fix this.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

I have NO clue why PS does it this way.

Because the developers are lazy and rather than actually FIXING a problem, they did this as a work-around. 

For some reason the program has a fit when it has been updated many times.  Rather than fixing the actual problem, they added the "refresh" to have it delete the old updates.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

What a friggin' cop-out.

And "we" have to answer the same question over, and over, and over, and over....... esp. Lisa.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The regular update button should just do it then and avoid all the BS.

0 Cheers
Dave W
Level 3

Thank you so much!

0 Cheers
HenryBZB
Level 1

It finally worked after running update and refresh updates 5 times.   What a piece of crap and we pay $5,000 to $6,000 to be abused like this.