cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Banner
Created with Sketch. See how your firm can prepare for COVID-19 Learn more

1040 pg 1-3 printing error: amounts on each line have a break in the line under the amt where the comma is. Occurs on pages 1-3 of the 1040. how can this be fixed?

Level 2

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
9 Replies 9
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

The 1040 is only 2 pages.

I don't know what you mean by "break in the line under the amt where the comma is"

If youre seeing weird printing behavior, restart both your computer and printer and see if that brings it back to normal.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 2

reset as instructed did not help

just imagine a straight horizontal line takes a downward slant and then continues. That's what 's appearing in the $ amount column of my 1040's 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

Adobe did an automatic update for me yesterday....wonder if you need to update your PDF reader

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Meaning the line under the  $ column on the right side of the 1040, where the comma is , shows a downward slant and then continues to the right slightly lower to where it ends on the right side of the page. So the line under where ach $ amount is shown is not straight. I can't replicate it on a key board but can show you a pdf copy of the 1040  if there's a way to get thet to you

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

If you use Print Preview and look at the form it looks fine, its just when you print it?  Or its wonky on the screen too?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

print preview appears fine. its just on the printed page

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

If you print to PDF, then print the PDF does it happen?

Double check your Print Options and be sure the correct printer is still chosen for tax forms, Ive seen people mention that a Windows update has changed their default printer.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

only have one printer & it's the one shown . So we're not there yet!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

again, defect does not appear in the on screen PDF (print preview)

0 Cheers