What are the system requirements for 2019 ProSeries and 2019 ProSeries Basic Edition?
System Requirements for 2019:
Below are the Recommended and Minimum system requirements for 2019 ProSeries and 2019 ProSeries Basic Edition on a stand-alone system and 2019 ProSeries on a network system. We strongly suggest using the Recommended system requirements if you have more than 1,000 client files or the Federal 1040 and all individual states are installed or you prepare large, complex returns.
What's New For 2019
- ProSeries will follow a similar schedule as Microsoft and will end support for Windows 7 in tax year 2019. Learn more here.
- ProSeries will only support 64-bit operating systems and processors in tax year 2019.
- ProSeries will partner with Right Networks to begin supporting a Cloud (Hosted) environment . For additional details click here.
Stand-Alone System - System Requirements for 2019 ProSeries, 2019 ProSeries Basic Edition, and 2019 Fixed Asset Manager
|Computer Processor||Intel Core i5 or better, with 2.5 GHz +|
(or equivalent processor)
|Installed Random Access Memory (RAM)||
8 GB RAM or more
8 GB RAM
Based on continued performance testing, we have increased our minimum RAM requirement to 8GB. If you are running ProSeries on a computer with less than 8GB of RAM, you will experience slower performance when opening the program and completing tax returns. To improve performance, we recommend upgrading your RAM to 8GB or more.
|Free Hard Drive Space||Solid State (SSD)||Hard Disk Drive (HDD) with at least 4GB available|
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Since Windows 10S does not support the installation of applications outside of Microsoft's app store, ProSeries use is not supported by Windows 10S.
|Windows 8.1 (64-bit)|
|Printer||Any PCL 5E or higher compatible printer with 32 MB of printer memory||Any PCL 5E or higher compatible printer with 32 MB of printer memory|
|Internet Connection||High-speed Internet connection (ex. Fiber or Cable)||High-speed Internet connection (ex. DSL, Cable Modem or Satellite)|
Internet Explorer 11.0
Internet Explorer 11.0 or later
|File Server Computer Processor||
Dedicated File server, 2.0 GHz CPU or faster
|2.0 GHz CPU as a dedicated File server|
|File Server Installed Random Access Memory (RAM)||
8 GB RAM or more on the file server
8 GB RAM on the file server
|Operating System for File Server||Windows 10 (64-bit)|
Windows Server 2012 Standard
Windows Server 2016
|Windows 8.1 (64-bit)|
|Network infrastructure||100 Mbps connection environment||54 Mbps connection environment - includes wireless environments|
- DVD-ROM Required if installing from DVD but not required if installing from download
- We cannot guarantee that ProSeries products/solutions will function properly on operating systems, software, and hardware we do not support. ProSeries Technical Support will not be able to help customers solve problems on unsupported environments in Tax Year 2019, or prior tax years.
- While some Customers run ProSeries in a Windows emulation environment (i.e Virtual Machine) on the Apple MacOS (formerly Mac OS X) operating system, support for this type of install may be limited. Customers using the Apple MacOS may wish to use the Intuit ProConnect Tax Online instead of or in addition to ProSeries. See for more information on ProConnect Tax Online
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) is not supported due to the lack of Microsoft Windows based Operating System.
- Terminal Server environments are not supported.
- Microsoft discontinuing Windows 7
- Computer Maintenance Tips from Intuit ProConnect ProSeries Service and Care
- System Requirements for 2018 ProSeries Professional Edition, ProSeries Basic Edition and ProSeries Fixed Asset Manager
- System Requirements for 2017 ProSeries, ProSeries Basic, and Fixed Asset Manager
- System Requirements for 2016 ProSeries, ProSeries Basic, and Fixed Asset Manager
- System Requirements for 2015 ProSeries, ProSeries Basic, and Fixed Asset Manager
- System Requirements for 2014 ProSeries and ProSeries Basic
- System Requirements for 2013 ProSeries and ProSeries Basic
- Visit the Microsoft web site for RAM requirements for Windows operating systems.