Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxury Automobile Depreciation

asidhu01
Level 1

Which screen would I claim 100% bonus depreciation on for luxury automobiles. It is a flat dollar amount. For example, $18k for first year and $16k for second year.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Where you are entering the depreciation > Click details > see the picture that is hopefully worth 1,000 words.

Capture.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
abctax55
Level 15

F 4552

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

Anna means 4562

Ex-AllStar
asidhu01
Level 1

where on form 4562? Is it under special allowance? If I enter an amount for example, $16,000 it does not show up when I check my return

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Where you are entering the depreciation > Click details > see the picture that is hopefully worth 1,000 words.

Capture.JPG

asidhu01
Level 1

thank you so much for the picture. Definitely helped a lot. When I enter a dollar value in that it does not reflect in any of the deductions when I check my return. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think you should remove any entry into the area I showed you. PTO does a good job of automatically doing the bonus depreciation. If you want help to figure out what you should be getting you need to share more information. 

• What type of vehicle
  • What is the GVW of the vehicle
  • What is the approximate purchase price
  • What date was it put into service.

abctax55
Level 15

Oops... dancing digits, and it's too late to edit my reply.  Thanks Susan, for pointing my mistake.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"