Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link and Documents

LoveTax
Level 3

Is there a way to use uploaded Documents directly to Intuit Link and tax upload (for example, W-2 was uploaded to Documents, is there a way to put that W-2 directly to tax return)? Or I have to upload a duplicate file for Intuit Link to transfer to PTO 1040? Thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

Link is integrated with PTO.  So long as the tax document uploaded to Link is among one of the types of documents supported for import, W-2 being one of those, you will be given the option to import the data into PTO.  See this article for information about this function and how it works:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/importing-source-documents-in-proconnect-...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
LoveTax
Level 3

So, I have to download from Documents and re-upload to Link to import? I cannot move/copy from Document straight to Link?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

What Document are you referring to?  Are you using PTO or Lacerte along with DMS?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
LoveTax
Level 3

I use PTO. And would like to import documents that I already have in pdf into PTO without requesting Intuit Link from clients.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

That's not possible.  The only workaround is that you send a request to your client anyway and then use the Act as taxpayer function to upload those documents.  In all honesty, however, the import function doesn't not always save you time.

Still an AllStar