Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate form 568 in ProConnect?

vuong24us
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Start in State & Local > Taxes > California SMLLC 

Keep the Lacerte article open and hopefully you can get it done with the hint above.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
itonewbie
Level 15

Under General > Client Information > Miscellaneous Information, on the line for Type of Entity, did you select 3 = Limited Liability Company?  If so and the entity meets the requirements for filing F.568, it will be generated automatically.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

If you are looking to do this in the 1040 module, there is a nice article for Lacerte that MAY help to do it in PTO.  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/generating-california-form-568-for-a-sing...

You will have to adjust for the difference in layout. Use the search box in the program (top of left column) to look for SMLLC

Maybe @IntuitAustin can help to get a similar article for PTO. 

0 Cheers
vuong24us
Level 1

I did follow your instructions. However, the line "Type of Entity" was not available under General>Client Information>Miscellaneous Information. I am preparing a 1040 return for a CA single member LLC. Could you please double check and let me know? Thank you so much. 

0 Cheers
vuong24us
Level 1

In Larcete, it is not an issue with generating Form 568. However, PTO is a challenge. I did not find how the instructions used for Larcete can be applied for PTO in this case. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Look at my response entered about 50 minutes before you. I think @itonewbie assumed you were using 1065.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Give more detail and I may be able to guide you. Are you starting with Schedule C, E or F? Do you have only 1 SMLLC?
MORE SPECIFICS. Your first question was way to general. I don't need numbers, but give a clear idea of what you are starting with and where you want to end up.

vuong24us
Level 1

Form 1040 with a Schedule C for a CA Single Member LLC. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Start in State & Local > Taxes > California SMLLC 

Keep the Lacerte article open and hopefully you can get it done with the hint above.

vuong24us
Level 1

I appreciate that you tried. I am an user of both Lacerte and ProConnect. The set up in Lacerte for generating CA Form 568 is not even remotely related to ProConnect.

If you can, please address my question directly with instructions on how to generate the form 568 in ProConnect, I would really appreciate that. Thanks. 

0 Cheers
vuong24us
Level 1

Thank you so much for your help. I found what you showed me. Please disregard my other messages. Haylee

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
The two software are very closely related. One is just a lot weaker and klunkier than the other.

0 Cheers
23cwallsr
Level 1

I followed your steps; Under Miscellaneous Information, there was No Selection Entitled Type of Entity.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@23cwallsr Don't join in on a 3 year old thread if it doesn't work for you. Instead do what you ended up doing and post a separate question.

This thread is for the individual and I think you wanted a partnership method. 

0 Cheers