Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make the election not to file Form 1116 with ProConnect?

Kevin425
Level 2
Foreign tax paid and reported on 1099-DIV is eligible for this election for this taxpayer, but I haven't found a way to suppress Form 1116 from the tax return.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

In the search box at the top of the left column, enter 1116 and search. Click the first hit > in tiny little print in the upper right corner is Gen. Info/elections click that and put a 1 or 2 in the 2nd box. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

In the search box at the top of the left column, enter 1116 and search. Click the first hit > in tiny little print in the upper right corner is Gen. Info/elections click that and put a 1 or 2 in the 2nd box. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Kevin425
Level 2

That solved it.  Thank you!

kbishop
Level 2

YAS - I've been trying to figure out why the IRS decided that some pdf rollforward form is needed for less than $20 in foreign taxes withheld. Way and I do mean waay below the filing limit but I always just let it happen because what can it hurt. 

I'm now happily suppressing this horrid form. 

cheers and strength to Ukraine