Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. For a C-Corp with a Sept19' y/e, should I be using 2018, or 2019 ProConnect? Thank you so much.

mdamato
Level 2
This return is due in 11 days and every page shows "Do Not File" on it with a fiscal period ending on 9/20. These errors are preventing me from e-filing an extension. I have a 5472 to file as well and that can cost me $25k if it's late. I'm trying to get last year's $10k penalty waived because Intuit and the IRS couldn't help me file on time last year.  I'm starting to panic as I did 1 year ago. Thanks
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You use the 2018 program, just like last year you would have used the 2017 program.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

itonewbie
Level 15
For full fiscal year, under Client Information > Miscellaneous Info > Fiscal Year End (MM). In your case, you'd enter 9 to produce 9/30/2018.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
IRonMaN
Level 15

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You use the 2018 program, just like last year you would have used the 2017 program.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15
Soooo....what/how did you file last year that created such problems???
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15
Why not file a paper extension?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
taxIQ
Level 2

use the beginning of the fiscal year to determine which tax year you will be preparing.

abctax55
Level 15

Yep.... but the issue at hand is that there will be TWO years beginning in 2019.  The short year (beginning AND ending in 2019, and then the full twelve month year beginning in 2019, ending in 2020.

Only one of those can be efiled.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
taxIQ
Level 2

I must have missed where the post mentions anything about a short tax year

0 Cheers
mdamato
Level 2

Hello again. I am now using the 2018 return to file tax year 10/1/18 through 09/30/19 and the top of the 1120 form shows 10/01/2018 through 09/30/18. Where exactly is the input field for this? Thanks so much for your help.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
For full fiscal year, under Client Information > Miscellaneous Info > Fiscal Year End (MM). In your case, you'd enter 9 to produce 9/30/2018.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
mdamato
Level 2

Thank you very much sir. I did have a 9 in there and I still get 9/2018 as the end date. I think I will just print it out, and use a PDF editor to change the dates. Again, I thank you and everyone else who has responded. Happy New Year.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@mdamato wrote:

Thank you very much sir. I did have a 9 in there and I still get 9/2018 as the end date.

Happy new year to you too!

Something is not right.  I just tried and it's working fine (see attached).

1120.png

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I must have missed where the post mentions anything about a short tax year

And I must have missed the point that I was posting my response in the wrong thread.  Oops.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
mdamato
Level 2

Thanks for trying. Maybe it's because I re-used the 2018 tax return, the one I filed last year with a 9/30/18 ending date?  I saved a copy and re-used it. 

0 Cheers