Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Amended 1120S is still being treated as an amended return in 2019 but isn't marked at amended. How can I fix this?

steven1
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @steven1.

Sounds like the rollover may have caused some issues.  If you haven't yet started 2019, you may try to proforma a new return but uncheck the box for amended return before doing so.  Otherwise, you only other option is to contact Support and send them the return in the hope that they can resolve it for you.

If I were you, I'd try a new proforma because you may end up spending hours with Support but not get anywhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

I'm confused by your reference to 2018 and 2019.  If you created the 1120S for 2018, you'll not get a form that prints 2019.

If you are referring to a 2018 return having box 4H checked erroneously, you should check your input under Other Forms > Amended Return (1120S) > Amended Return (1120S) and make sure you have the box for Amended federal return (MANDATORY) unchecked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
steven1
Level 1

Thank you for your quick response! Let me clarify the issue.

During the 2018 tax season I had to amend an 1120S tax return. I roll the return forward into the 2019 tax season in order to complete the 2019 tax return. The return that was rolled forward is still being treated as an amended return in the software even though the return isn't marked amended in the input screen. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @steven1.

Sounds like the rollover may have caused some issues.  If you haven't yet started 2019, you may try to proforma a new return but uncheck the box for amended return before doing so.  Otherwise, you only other option is to contact Support and send them the return in the hope that they can resolve it for you.

If I were you, I'd try a new proforma because you may end up spending hours with Support but not get anywhere.

Still an AllStar