Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040 efile rejected due to no valid EIN on form 2555 foreigh wages -how can I get efiled?

skyworks
Level 5

hi,

the return rejected due to no EIN om form 2555. But the tax return was efiled 2017 and  2018 with other company, I do not know what sytem they use, but must not Proconnect.

Does any know how to efile with out EIN on form 2555?  Does IRS treat differently wiht different software?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
skyworks
Level 5

the return rejected by IRS and state stating that EIN is missing.

But I figured out instead of enter compensation in W2 wages, enter in Other earned Income.

thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

You already asked this two weeks ago and had been given an answer that was proven to work.  Please do not duplicate your question and have volunteers spend extra time responding to questions that had already been asked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
skyworks
Level 5

the return rejected by IRS and state stating that EIN is missing.

But I figured out instead of enter compensation in W2 wages, enter in Other earned Income.

thanks!

0 Cheers