Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-State Pricing

reliabletax
Level 1

I have an individual client needing to file 10 states. Does ProConnect Tax Online file multi-state returns for the same price? I typically use Lacerte, but I refuse to pay the REP fees for that amount.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Yes, the flat fee PTO charges per return covers federal and an unlimited number of states.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

The fees should be included in your bill to the client.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

You will likely not like the extra time it takes to "tame" PTO. Input and screens are quite different. Click the try it free and give it a whirl. No charge unless you print or e-file.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
itonewbie
Level 15

Yes, the flat fee PTO charges per return covers federal and an unlimited number of states.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
PeteTax
Level 2

As much as I hate the exorbitant REP fees, LaCerte does a wonderful job on multi-state issues. I just did one for five states and boy was it super expensive. For the cost though, the program saved me countless times. Multi-states non-community to community states are not worth the headaches but great for personal conquests and accomplishments! Cheers to a long 2020 tax season!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

PTO works exactly like Lacerte, as far as tax return preparation is concerned, because it's driven by the same engine.  What it lacks are the bells and whistles that make Lacerte a more robust product with nice to have productivity features.

If all you're looking for is multi-state capability, you won't be disappointed and you'll find the input screens very familiar.  Although it doesn't go by screen numbers, the organization, layout, and labels are identical for the most part.

Still an AllStar
reliabletax
Level 1

@itonewbie Thank you for your help!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @reliabletax!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers