Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link - Is there a way to have the spouses email and /or name show up instead of the taxpayer or both? We find most spouses come in to file their taxes.

CYB Accounting
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

Not as a client.  If you used the taxpayer's name and email address to set up the client, that's what will show even if you change the order on the return.

You can change the return name to include both names if you'd like.

As for the email address associated with a client, it turns out that even if you update it in the Client, it won't change the login associated with that client's account.  It will only change the email address to which Link will send any email.  I highlighted that to Intuit in the FB group but have yet to receive any response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@IntuitAustin Hi, Austin, here's the FB thread I was referring to.  Could you please give us an update?  Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529270910639612/permalink/2633724866860872/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Casanovacpas
Level 2

I agree with this, I think we should add a way to add the spouse name to the client option and the link option because I also find the spouses handle a lot of the tax work as well.

MichaelN30
Level 3

Has this been fixed in Link? Thanks.

TheTaxShaman
Level 1

I agree, often times the spouse is the one to do all of the heavy lifting when it comes to tax time. And especially in today's world, giving both spouses the opportunity to be an active part of their tax preparation is really important. Please make this a priority?

davenpae
Level 2

SO WE ALL AGREE THAT SOMETIMES THE INVITE HAS TO GO TO THE SPOUSE, NOT THE TAXPAYER, BUT I DON'T SEE ANYTHING ABOUT INTUIT FIXING THE PROBLEM. AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

0 Cheers