cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Created with Sketch. See how your firm can prepare for COVID-19 Learn more

I'm getting a critical diagnostic saying Fed form 8889 is final, but instructions are in draft form. Has there been an update to this?

Highlighted
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 2

I have filed several returns already with this diagnostic and they've been accepted by the IRS without any issues...just FYI. Don't know about any pending updates.

Highlighted
Level 1

any idea if Lacerte will get this fixed? I also have come across same draft diagnostic for this form.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Same here! We haven't transmitted the return as it's a Critical Diagnostic, and not informational. Please advise.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

The instructions were published back in Nov 2019.  Seems like Intuit is taking its time on this one.

In instances like this, if you have followed the instructions in the critical diagnostic and are satisfied that the return is complete and accurate, you should be able to override it to efile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
Highlighted
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/lacerte-fatal-diagnostics/00/40468

Pay particular attention to the NOTE: Diagnostics related to an e-file return will be noted as 'e-file' (i.e. you can still file with a diagnostic such as the instructions are not ready)

Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today. — Herman Wouk
0 Cheers