Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear a diagnostic asking for a registration with a state secretary while doing state apportionment of income allocated to that state?

vuong24us
Level 1
The corporation filing a C corp tax return has no physical presence or any other nexus with Virginia state other than a few of clients of the corporation made purchases of online marking time from the corporation for the purposes of doing state apportionment?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

@vuong24us wrote:
The corporation filing a C corp tax return has no physical presence or any other nexus with Virginia state other than a few of clients of the corporation made purchases of online marking time from the corporation for the purposes of doing state apportionment?

A company from VA sent you money. Why do you think you need to report it on the 1120? Maybe it is subject to sales tax, but I don't think it was a tangible sale, so even that seems to be out. 

I could be wrong, but I bet @sjrcpa or @PhoebeRoberts would set me right. I don't think you need to file VA. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
sjrcpa
Level 15

I have no idea what " few of clients of the corporation made purchases of online marking time from the corporation" means.

If there is no nexus of any kind, then I agree with George. Why are you filing a VA return?

Ex-AllStar