Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-File Error - for an Extension

KGL19
Level 2

I am trying to efile extension. I received this error. I saw a fix from a earlier post. where I deleted and entered a new preparer it didn't work. Unless I missed something

Your request was not understood by the e-filing service. - Invalid XML. cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'app'. One of '{senderEmail, legalName}' is expected. Please verify that your application program is up-to-date. Problem occurred transmitting efile data. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Click on Settings in the bottom left corner, select (1) Preparer Information and add a new preparer. It can be the same name, just add a middle initial or something different. Then under Settings, select (2) Firm Information. 

2020-07-15_23-18-11.png

In firm info, go under ERO and change the preparer. 

2020-07-15_23-16-44.png

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
bakerbr2008
Level 1

I kept having the same issue too! I can login to Proconnect, but when I click to "add new client" my screen goes blank & I can no longer work in the system. Have you had any resolutions yet?

0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Click on Settings in the bottom left corner, select (1) Preparer Information and add a new preparer. It can be the same name, just add a middle initial or something different. Then under Settings, select (2) Firm Information. 

2020-07-15_23-18-11.png

In firm info, go under ERO and change the preparer. 

2020-07-15_23-16-44.png

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
KGL19
Level 2

See solution -  it worked. It took me a while. I missed the post but someone at the call center helped me resolved it with the same step. 

0 Cheers