Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical diagnostic message that the firm address appears to be a foreign address. It is not, and no where on the return is any foreign address even noted.

nicole4
Level 2
Even when I "View on Input Field"....nothing "foreign. I cannot submit with this diagnostic.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
I believe Firm Address is referring to your address. Click Settings in lower left and review your Firm Information. Maybe you did not fully complete the info or have a foreign zip code.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15
I believe Firm Address is referring to your address. Click Settings in lower left and review your Firm Information. Maybe you did not fully complete the info or have a foreign zip code.

itonewbie
Level 15

Which address and screen does that diagnostic point to?

Did you check whether you have the correct US State and ZIP entered for that entity?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
nicole4
Level 2

That is it! Which is still odd, as this is one of many returns filed already and it didn't come up then, but when I went in to check what you mentioned, my address isn't even in my account setup anymore. I've been using the program for 3 years too so no need to change it. Thank you!

George4Tacks
Level 15

I believe that was one of the "improvements" for PTO this year. 🤣

nicole4
Level 2

Great..... 😂 Thanks again, I can quit pulling my hair out now. LOL

0 Cheers
VBT
Level 1

Thank you SO much for posting this. I've been looking everywhere in the client's return to no avail. Adding 'check PTO for recent updates' to my mental list for season prep. lol!!!

Queen Bee 53
Level 1

Thank you. Thank you. This happened suddenly right after receiving an e-signature. Before that the only Critical Diagnostic I had was regarding the signature date for e-filing. I found this thread while I was waiting for Chat. I was also unable to edit my firm information to correct the issue. The Chat rep said she didn't think that was causing the problem, but I gave her my EFIN and other IRS EFIN related number. I had to clear all the data in the Settings page before I/we could update the firm information. But it did get resolved. 

Uzair
Level 2

Thank you so much! Like other folks who posted I have filed multiple returns with the same address, but it suddenly showed this diagnostic. I kept checking the client address!

Chrispy
Level 1

OMG Thank you!  I couldnt figure out what the freaking problem was i never looked at my address

0 Cheers