Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client return will not efile

quncy32
Level 2

Client return will convert but not transmit, what should I do?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Restarting PC for PTO wouldn't help since it runs in the cloud.  Are you trying to efile a 2018 return?  If so, the IRS has delayed the resumption of e-filing for TY2018.  Here's the announcement Intuit made on the FB group earlier today:

Tax Year 2018 Individual filings will not be available for EFile launch on January 27, 2020. This delay is due to the IRS not updating their systems for Tax Year 2018 because of extenders contained in the Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2019 and the focus on Tax Year 2019.

Have asked for an update of when it may resume and are waiting to hear back from Intuit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Is there any kind of error message?

Slava Ukraini!
quncy32
Level 2

No error.....just stating that client return was not transmitted

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Does rebooting your computer help?

Slava Ukraini!
quncy32
Level 2

Fixing to try that

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Restarting PC for PTO wouldn't help since it runs in the cloud.  Are you trying to efile a 2018 return?  If so, the IRS has delayed the resumption of e-filing for TY2018.  Here's the announcement Intuit made on the FB group earlier today:

Tax Year 2018 Individual filings will not be available for EFile launch on January 27, 2020. This delay is due to the IRS not updating their systems for Tax Year 2018 because of extenders contained in the Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2019 and the focus on Tax Year 2019.

Have asked for an update of when it may resume and are waiting to hear back from Intuit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
quncy32
Level 2

Rebooting did help me because it gave the reason why it would not transmit. My bank product application has not been completed. Since I am using the bank to transfer the refund, it was rejecting it for that reason. Thanks so much for your help!

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm glad that you got it figured out.

Slava Ukraini!
quncy32
Level 2

Thanks so much for your help. Rebooting it did allow the system to give the reason for not transmitting. My bank application for refund transfers was not complete.