Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client disabled needs 4 amd returns for 7K/yr exmptns. Previously self-prepd. No change fed? Do I still have to file fed? I was shocked to rcv no support from intuit.

Eric-S-
Level 1

Need help!  I have prior returns from client for 14, 15, 16, and 17, federal and state of HI.  They also provided N-172, which shows spouse is totally disabled.  That entitles the HH to a $7K exemption on their state taxes, but I haven't anything in the IRC that would change that return.  So my questions are (1) how do I efficiently accomplish this with so much data entry (4 years).  (2) Can I simply input the Hawaii returns?

Thank you.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15
" I was shocked to rcv no support from intuit."   What kind of *support* were you expecting from Intuit?  Free software for those years? TAX advice on the impact on the F 1040?

You state there's a lot of data entry.  For an amended return, you don't need to enter all the details (unless the details are changed due to the amended return) - unless HI is radically different.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
poolcleaner
Level 9
It depends on what the state laws are but if the taxes were paid over two years ago, the 2014 is no longer an open year for federal purposes.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
" I was shocked to rcv no support from intuit."   What kind of *support* were you expecting from Intuit?  Free software for those years? TAX advice on the impact on the F 1040?

You state there's a lot of data entry.  For an amended return, you don't need to enter all the details (unless the details are changed due to the amended return) - unless HI is radically different.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers