Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use "tax exempt" in the EIN drop down under 'Pensions for foreign SS received? The foreign social security is taxable and ProConnect is prompting me to put an EIN.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Reply 1
Level 15

No, you should use the section for foreign pension at the bottom of the input screen.  Make sure you double check the income tax treaty for the appropriate tax treatment if the payor is in a treaty country.

Accountants solve problems you didn’t know you had in ways you don’t understand.