Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amending 2018 for Mortgage Insurance Premiums

Derrick
Level 3

I realize corona virus probably has Intuit's entire Dev team working from home, and all the stimulus packages have triggered a ton of changes that are top priority, but still....

For the 2018 amended returns for the late extenders:  The field for mortgage premiums is already fully setup in the input screens, the form in the system has been updated to have it as well.  There is a blank data field already in place from before the extenders expired, which is still there.  The only work here is to remove the blocking line of code that prevents the data in the field from carrying forward to the form. 

I realize it's not high priority, but it's also not much to ask.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I agree with you. Especially for those that need that extra money during these times. I really wish Intuit would do something about it.

itonewbie
Level 15

The updated schedule was released by the IRS in Jan and the instructions, Feb.  The ball was definitely in Intuit court but the approval process could also have been held up at the IRS due to the shutdown.  It's anybody's guess where it is and when the tax products can be updated for 2018 with all that's going on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

In a normal world I might be inclined to just use a fill-in PDF form for Schedule A:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f1040sa--2018.pdf

But since the next roadblock is that the return's probably going to get mailed to an IRS center that's closed and not processing paper returns, rushing to get something in won't get anyone a refund any time soon.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Totally agree.  You'd hope someone will be empathic enough to get whatever is outstanding expedited.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Derrick
Level 3

That is a good point rbynaker, even if the problem was solved at the Intuit level, since it has to be paper filed and the IRS are just dumping those into a warehouse somewhere, it wouldn't really solve the problem.

0 Cheers
Derrick
Level 3

Another two months have gone by, 2018 extenders change is still not fixed for amending.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I havent checked as of yet.....I thought it was fixed? I assume you've fully updated, correct?

0 Cheers
Derrick
Level 3

This post is for ProConnect Tax online, not Lacerte.  So yes, as an online portal product, I'm using the same version as everyone else.

Also you may have assumed it was fixed as the entry field is enabled, the Schedule A form has been updated to show Mortgage Premiums on line 8d, and there is even a link-bank field to the Schedule A entry field.  But nothing you enter actually flows through to the form. 

It's been like this for several months now.  Basically they clearly went to the effort to re-enable it, but failed to enable the final critical piece of actually having any data flow through, so it all remains useless.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Ah, my apologies. I thought this was for ProSeries.

0 Cheers