Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your direct deposit of the tax refund has been disallowed since the return was filed after November 30, 2019." How long has this been in effect?

michaelf
Level 3
What is the rationale for requiring a paper check refund on late filing?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"Re: "Your direct deposit of the tax refund has been disallowed since the return was filed after November 30, 2019." How long has this been in effect?"

Prior year returns or returns filed outside the the current filing season (filed late, which is considered a prior year) are issued  refund checks....they wont do direct deposit.

Not sure how long long its been in effect, but this is what Ive told my clients to expect.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"Re: "Your direct deposit of the tax refund has been disallowed since the return was filed after November 30, 2019." How long has this been in effect?"

Prior year returns or returns filed outside the the current filing season (filed late, which is considered a prior year) are issued  refund checks....they wont do direct deposit.

Not sure how long long its been in effect, but this is what Ive told my clients to expect.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
drdc1135
Level 1

I am receiving the following error message for the current year 2020 return:"Your direct deposit of the tax refund has been disallowed since the return was filed after November 30, 2020. A check will be issued in lieu of direct deposit." What is the resolution to this?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Wait. Intuit is aware of this.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

Wait for e-filing to open, and wait for Intuit to update the program.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
mgdtax
Level 3

Was this ever resolved?  I am filing a 2019 return in Feb 2022, and am getting the same message.  

0 Cheers