Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-B are listed as non-importable docs; we were able to reformat and import last year as a CSV file. We are unable to upload a CSV or excel file to the Intuit LINK.

njfinn
Level 1

We have been unable to import a CSV or excel file in the LINK, although the support line contact said we should be able to.  Also, the support team contact had never heard of Charles Schwab and kept telling us we should import from Quickbooks??!!.

Here's the message if I try to open or download the attached file:

RECORD_NOT_FOUNDCLIENTVIEW_NOT_FOUND

I have no ability to receive the file in the client link.  Has anyone else had this experience?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think this is what you are trying to do https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606502-how-do-i-import-stock-transactions-in-proc...

You might bookmark https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606506-importing-source-documents-in-proconnect-t...

Who in this industry has never heard of Charles Schwab. Amazing!

Good Luck!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think this is what you are trying to do https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606502-how-do-i-import-stock-transactions-in-proc...

You might bookmark https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606506-importing-source-documents-in-proconnect-t...

Who in this industry has never heard of Charles Schwab. Amazing!

Good Luck!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
njfinn
Level 1
Thank you for that!!  The problem is that the Intuit Link is not working.  I was told by support yesterday that they can not import excel files, only csv. (But that's not true either when referring to there documentation).  The Intuit Link does not import either.  I'm confident if I go to schedule D and try to do the import with the csv (formatted properly), I could get it to work.  The Intuit Link is the portal we use to collect our client information.  Since we are 'testing' this before we send engagement letters, I've had a family member (client) send (and have tried myself acting as taxpayer) 1099-Div files.  It looks like it works, but then we receive an error message and the file can not be downloaded or opened.  I've read many complaints about the Link and accountants creating their own workaround.  Any suggestions?
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
"It looks like it works, but then we receive an error message and the file can not be downloaded or opened."

Did this happen in Link for Taxpayers or your Link portal within PTO?  Did your "client" try to download 1099 that may not even have been issued yet or attach a 1099 that was for 2017?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
njfinn
Level 1
both- when the client tried and when I we tested it in the link portal.  It was for 2017 but should that matter?
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Ah, I suspect that may be the problem as the OCR in PTO can probably differentiate 2017 as not being the correct tax year for 2018.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
You can still upload the 1099 for 2017 to Link but you just won't be able to import it to PTO because it is not for the correct tax year.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
njfinn
Level 1
They must have fixed something.  I am now able to access (download and open) excel and csv files.  
0 Cheers
njfinn
Level 1
FYI-- I'm referring to my experience with the LINK...
Before I couldn't open or download the file, I would get the following error message:  RECORD_NOT_FOUNDCLIENTVIEW_NOT_FOUND.  This is no longer occurring.  Happy to see a correction made.  
0 Cheers