Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200% declining depreciation on an asset put in service in 2015. Why is this giving me an error "Reference# 2025012"?

KMA-Tax
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

For double declining balance method to be applied correctly under MACRS, you need to select "MACRS - #-year %...."  # corresponds with the class life of the asset.  Double declining balance is working fine with me.

If you are still getting an error message after trying this, please provide more info about what you have entered and where you see the error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15
What depreciation code did you use? What time period? When put into service?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
ryann
Level 1
I am also getting this error for an item with 150% method and 2012 year of service...
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@ryann I can only ask what code you are using? Be sure it is a MACRS code and not just 150%DB. Look at the excellent answer ITONewbie gave.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

For double declining balance method to be applied correctly under MACRS, you need to select "MACRS - #-year %...."  # corresponds with the class life of the asset.  Double declining balance is working fine with me.

If you are still getting an error message after trying this, please provide more info about what you have entered and where you see the error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
qwertyui
Level 3
thank you so much @itonewbie this is helpful!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
YAVW, @abcdefg!  Glad you find it helpful.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers