Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Proconnect not showing multistate tax returns?

mbaumert2161
Level 1
I have (1) checked the multistate box and (2) entered the states with id numbers, which show a numerical sum of the id numbers!
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15
In profile - did you select the states to be filed?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
itonewbie
Level 15

You may like to review this article for more info about how multi-state returns should be prepared: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-w-2/help/how-to-create-a-multi-state-return/00/4715

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
celiadorrllc
Level 2

Multi state allocation is not working.  I have followed the instructions here explicitly.  Pro Connect changed something because it is not allocating the income properly so taxes are off.  I entered the same info in TT and it worked correctly.  Have spoken to other tax preparers who are noticing problems with most of the southern states in allocating the amounts correctly.

When I look at the worksheets, they are not allocating correctly.  Even tried going in and entering the state income and taxes paid to other state and it still does not allocate correctly.

0 Cheers
celiadorrllc
Level 2

My bad, I was entering the states in the wrong place instead of box 1.  Once I did that it all worked fine.