Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is ProConnect is such a difficult tax software to use?

adj157
Level 1
This is my 1st year using ProConnect after a few years of deciding not to switch. I made bad choice in using this software this tax season. The amount time I am taking to do the input, figuring out why the numbers are not populating to the correct forms, constant refreshing, getting technical errors etc. I am truly disappointed !. Intuit is a great company but this tax software is not the easiest to use. Turbo Tax is so much better. Maybe ProSeries which the only reason I didn't choose that option because its not internet based. Using this software you need to know the tax forms, but it doesn't help if the software is not allowing a forms mode to utilize or even linking the input correctly.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

ProConnect is designed for professional preparers, so "knows the tax forms" is a reasonable assumption. It's very similar in structure to Lacerte, which IMHO optimizes for efficient input when you know the desired output, rather than "I can enter information directly off my client's 1099s and rely on the software to determine what output is correct."

ProSeries is more TurboTax like, so if you're making the switch to preparing returns for compensation, it might work better for you.