Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is NC state return not available?

Highlighted

So I am taking advantage of the free pro connect experience benefit from QBA, but so far, I am not having a great experience. One w2 on return is taking me way longer to complete because of learning the software but more importantly it doesn't even have the state I reside in? Any help please.  thanks

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

When you add a new client it should add NC automatically when you put in the clients address.  If it didn't, open the return and click the Profile tab to the left of the Input Return tab. You can add the state from there. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted

the state is not available on the list to pull up>

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@dbtaxsolutions wrote:

the state is not available on the list to pull up>

NC is available in PTO.  If you can't pull up NC under Profile, you may not be using a browser supported by PTO.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/system-requirements-for-proconnect-tax-on...

@dbtaxsolutions wrote:

So I am taking advantage of the free pro connect experience benefit from QBA, but so far, I am not having a great experience. One w2 on return is taking me way longer to complete because of learning the software but more importantly it doesn't even have the state I reside in? Any help please.  thanks

Professional tax products are either form or input-screen driven.  Input-screen driven products tend to have a steeper learning curve, especially for professionals new to the business, not that these are not user-friendly.  PTO definitely has room for improvement but with Lacerte under the hood, it is a very capable software.

If you prefer a form-based experience, you may like to consider ProSeries as an alternative.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar