Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my state tax payment voucher amount NOT match the taxes due per the return?

Rox
Level 3

Filing individual tax return with one state - Ohio. Ohio tax return shows taxes due of 5000+, and the payment voucher shows the amount due is $1.00. I went to the General Misc screen and under Ohio I overrode the bank field to the 5000+ amount. State payment voucher still shows $1.00. Tried including next year estimates and excluding them. Spent 2 1/2 hours in chat support this morning with 2 different techs, but of whom left the conversation. First one said he was having computer troubles. Second one went off on a tangent about next year's estimates, and when I asked her just to tell me how and where to input to resolve this issue, she left the conversation. Sent the client file up to both techs, shared screens with one, kept my composure until my final "send", and I have come away in a simmer and without resolution. I was forced to prepare a payment voucher by hand to give my client! It seems to me that there should be a straight line from the taxes due on the return to the amount to pay on the voucher with an intervening glance at overrides. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
theo_apostol
Level 1

0 Cheers