Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is ProConnect's gift tax return? It doesn'tt even show up on the website? Does anyone else need to file a gift tax return? What has ProConenct said about it?

Highlighted
Level 2

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 15

If you're talking about ProConnect Tax Online, F.709 is available.  When you create a return, you'd choose which client you want to create it for, what type of return you want to create, and have an option to give it a name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 2

Thank you. I wish it were tax easy. All I get is a blank screen. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Do you have problem creating other types of returns?  At which stage of that process did you get a blank screen?

Make sure you're using a PTO-supported browser and preferably in incognito mode.  Clearing the cache may also help resolve some common issues such as blank screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Thanks. I cleared the cache. When w first added the return, we got garbage screen for input. Then lately when we try to open the return (on any field) we get a blank grey screen). It doesn'tt happen with any other type of return - just the gift tax. We have been calling ProConnect for months about it and they cant seem to fix it.

Highlighted
Level 15

Which year are you having problem with?

PTO had problems with 2019 F.709 until earlier this week when they rolled out a new release.  If you haven't tried for a while, you should now.

I found yesterday that they seem to be having problems with prior year F.709 now.  Would like to give it a bit more time before reporting it.

Still an AllStar