Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter the 1095-B in PROConnect Tax Online?

rvega
Level 1
For 2020 income tax
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Check out this article for more info:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/form-1095/enter-form-1095-b-proconnect/L5dE...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
puravidapto
Level 7

I do not think you need to enter 1095-B as the penalty for the lack of insurance has been eliminated.

Please see my signature to vote for my proposal for the good the user community, it should just take a few seconds. Thanks.

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
itonewbie
Level 15

Federal penalty for individual mandate has been reduced to $0 as @puravidapto says.

Some states such as CA and MA, however, continue to assess penalties for failure to maintain MEC.  If your client is subject to penalties at the state level, you will still need to make the relevant entries from 1095-B.

The input for CA, for example, is under Credits > Premium Tax Credit (1095-A, 8962) > CA Premium Assistance Subsidy/Penalty and CA Form 3895 - Health Insurance Marketplace Statement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Input for MA, on the other hand, would need to be made under State & Local > Other > MA Schedule HC

In other words, the input screens can usually be found under Credits or State & Local > Other.

Still an AllStar
puravidapto
Level 7

MA requires its own form 1099-HC (MA Health Care Coverage) as shown in this link. 1095-B won't do.

PS: NJ also requires medical coverage since 2019.

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@puravidapto  You're correct.  I should have been more specific about MA needing MA 1099-HC.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Still an AllStar
LouiseLeach
Level 1

Problem:  Penalty on CA 540 line 92 for tax year 2021.

Solution:  Input Return tab to Credits to Premium Tax Credit (1095A, 8962) to CA Premium Assistance Subsidy/Penalty.  There is a box labeled "Minimum Essential Coverage Not Indicated Elsewhere" enter 1 which indicates that entire household covered for entire year. 

Result:  Penalty amount should no longer be on CA Form 540 line 92 and the box is checked.

0 Cheers
KG7
Level 1

Hello

I need to add 1095-B form info. in the system but I could not find the place

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Check out this article for more info:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/form-1095/enter-form-1095-b-proconnect/L5dE...

Still an AllStar