Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When? EIC... Oklahoma requires Form 511-EIC to calculate the EIC for OK purposes. F511-EIC is currently under development; this return should not be filed until complete

tonyaoliver
Level 2
OK - Ref #58185
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
brenda4702
Level 2

This is a terrible way to deal with problems!  I have the same issue and just get the run around from Lacerte and Intuit.  Some how this form has gotten caught in a catch 22 loop - OTC released the form on 1/1/23 but someone at Lacerte has not gotten the message and released the form yet.  They are still waiting on the OK Tax Commission - which was done OVER a month ago.  

I've spent all morning on the phone with OTC, Lacerte (call number 5 now I think!) and even called Pro Series customer service and they don't have the form either - which tells me it's an Intuit problem, not just a Lacerte problem.

Wish I had an answer, but I'm in the same boat (an expensive Lacerte boat) - without an oar!  Horribly frustrating!!

tonyaoliver
Level 2

That is ridiculous!  As a preparer in Oklahoma, not being able to file an Oklahoma return - Is A Problem!

You're right, we pay Way Too Much for this not to be corrected.

0 Cheers
brenda4702
Level 2

Update - I finally got a hold of a gentleman from Duncan (who works for Lacerte) who is now aware of this issue and will hopefully get the ball rolling toward a solution.

Unfortunately, it could still take a week (or more) before they get the issue corrected.

0 Cheers
tonyaoliver
Level 2

I have been on hold for almost 2 hours this morning! Very Frustrating!  

They are ZERO help on this matter.  I can't even get through to a supervisor.  This should be escalated!  

We pay a premium for this software - but we are not able to file state returns????  So how many customers am I going to loose to competitors who CAN FILE OKLAHOMA?!?!

Will definitely be looking at other tax software!