Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 1040 efile still not being accepted

freshy70
Level 3

I am trying to efile a 2019 federal 1040 and I keep getting this message even though we are in January 2019 already.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Nobody knows but the general thought is mail it if there is a balance due but wait if there is a refund.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Nobody knows but the general thought is mail it if there is a balance due but wait if there is a refund.

Slava Ukraini!
freshy70
Level 3

Thanks @IRonMaN but do you think it is even worth waiting if there is a refund due? Because I get his critical diagnostic anyway:

Your direct deposit of the tax refund has been disallowed since the return was filed after November 30, 2020. A check will be issued in lieu of direct deposit.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

They will still get the check quicker from a return efiled later this month than from a return mailed in now.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Efiling will reopen near the end of the month, you can Efile then and since its a prior year return, they only issue checks, no direct deposit.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN
Level 15

Since he resigned, is that still an authoritative answer?

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

I don't know or care

Accountant-Man
Level 12

<< January of 2021>> They have never meant January 7. It has always been the last week of January, in my memory. (But at my age, I forget a lot.)

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
What was the question?

0 Cheers