Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What input is needed to generate a Michigan City non-resident return?

dd383107
Level 1
The program is generating a Michigan city resident return.  How do I change to a non-resident return
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
itonewbie
Level 15

Follow the detailed instructions in this article and please come back in case you have more specific questions:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/local-taxes/help/city-return-information/00/5709

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
dd383107
Level 1

I have followed those instructions.  What am I missing to generate a non-resident city tax return?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

What do you have under Profile for Michigan city?

Under State & Local > Taxes > Michigan Cities, what do you have on the following lines?

• City name (Click on arrow to select from list); and
  • Residency (Click on arrow to select from list)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers

I am not seeing that there is a separate box for residency - I need to file a Grand Rapids City return, but I do not see an option to select non-resident. Please advise.

0 Cheers

Figured it out - after you add the City Return from the profile screen, search "Michigan Cities" in Views box using "All", then choose the "State & Local - Taxes - Michigan Cities" result. The next screen should be "Cities Info" as the first tabs and then there are two drop downs beneath "Michigan Cities". Select the City for which you prompted a return and then select the Residency from the drop down.