Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washington B&O Tax

Chicago88
Level 1

I understand the state of Washington does not have an 1120 tax return, but instead a B&O tax.

I am going through ProConnect in the "Profile" section to add states, and I do not see an option to add this state return to my filing.

How do I ensure that the B&O tax is included with my filing? In total, I will have the Fed 1120, California 1120 return, Massachusetts 1120 return, and the Washington B&O.

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

Not familiar with this.  But according to this article, B&O tax would need to be paid through a Combined Excise Tax Return or via WA DoR's own e-file portal.  You'd manage this outside of ProConnect Tax.

https://www.washingtonregisteredagent.net/washington-business-tax.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I don't know that I would describe this as "instead" because it is more like excise tax, and on gross receipts. It isn't operations, including expense and depreciation deductions, and then tax on net income. It might be monthly, quarterly, or annually, depending on the business and the classification, and there is State and also some local B&O. I've not seen that type of filing in the packages provided by Intuit.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers