Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W2 Duplication - Form 4852

i have a customer who had 2 employers who closed down and did not provide a W2, he has his last paycheck stubs.  The IRS advised to use form 4852, the system will not permit us to add 2 W2's, only the first one added is being accepted and added to his income ... any suggestions ??

Also, the form populates to "1099" and to use the W2, i had to override the fields 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Reply 1
itonewbie
Level 15

@garciaincometaxes wrote:

i have a customer who had 2 employers who closed down and did not provide a W2, he has his last paycheck stubs.  The IRS advised to use form 4852, the system will not permit us to add 2 W2's, only the first one added is being accepted and added to his income ... any suggestions ??

To add a second W-2, you click on the + sign next to the tab of the first W-2 you created with the name of that employer.  To enter the details for F.4852, you need to click on the tiny prints in grey above the screen title Details: Wages, Salaries, Tips (W-2) appended with the name of the employer.

Did you follow these steps?  If so, what happened?

Also, the form populates to "1099" and to use the W2, i had to override the fields 

Could you explain what you mean by 'the form populates to "1099"'?  If you followed the steps outlined above, it will be treated as W-2 entries with F.4852 and not as 1099 and no override would be necessary.

Please try again and let us know how it goes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar