Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter rental real estate on 2018 planner

afredrickscpa
Level 1

How can you make changes to the amount on rental real estate and royalties in the planner?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

You simply cannot.  The Tax Planner in PTO has many limitations and is just not ready for prime time, IMHO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
itonewbie
Level 15

You simply cannot.  The Tax Planner in PTO has many limitations and is just not ready for prime time, IMHO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I am not even sure it is ready for the time between the flag flying and the farm report (I definitely am showing my age with this reference.)

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
That's when you get infomercials... which are really entertaining... that may the right time :joy::joy:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I am referring to even further back in time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2vy96pDsG8

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Ah, I'm old enough to still remember those days.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
afredrickscpa
Level 1
I sadly do not get the references haha! BUT I am glad I’m not just crazy because we could not figure out how to change this number!!
0 Cheers
afredrickscpa
Level 1
But I’m still confused why they would leave that part out because it seems like you can change everything else.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Not everything else. For a start, you can't change the number of dependents. Someone spotted the other day that you can't change education credit either. For my own purpose, I can understand it's not yet programmed to handle international returns but to not even allow overrides renders the Tax Planner totally useless to me.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
afredrickscpa
Level 1
Ok yeah I didn’t even get past the income items so I shouldn’t say everything else.  But yes, completely useless because you cannot even override I noticed too!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@afredrickscpa I will put in a plug for my 2nd favorite tax program Tax Tools  It does a really thorough and down and dirty tax plan, plus dozens of other useful utilities. https://www.taxtools.com/products_tt.aspx

0 Cheers
afredrickscpa
Level 1
Thank you!!
0 Cheers