Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO BEGIN A PERSONAL 1040 TAX RETURN AS A QBOA

neeterbooks
Level 1

I am a QBOA user. I want to begin 1040 return for myself/hubby (MFJ). Do I do that by adding my husband as a "client"? Is that the best way? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Follow the process outlined in this article if you plan to link the trial balance from QBOA.  Otherwise, you can simply create a new return within PTO.

Note, however, you will not be able to e-file the return with PTO unless you have an EFIN but you can always print the return for paper filling.  If you're not a tax professional, you may also find it easier to use TurboTax as the input screens and the setup of PTO are not designed for novices.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606427-generating-a-tax-return-for-proconnect-tax...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Follow the process outlined in this article if you plan to link the trial balance from QBOA.  Otherwise, you can simply create a new return within PTO.

Note, however, you will not be able to e-file the return with PTO unless you have an EFIN but you can always print the return for paper filling.  If you're not a tax professional, you may also find it easier to use TurboTax as the input screens and the setup of PTO are not designed for novices.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606427-generating-a-tax-return-for-proconnect-tax...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
neeterbooks
Level 1
THANK YOU!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
No problem at all, @neeterbooks!
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers