Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax program not updating

ankneycarol
Level 1

This just started.  My update is not updating.  When it is prompting me to download it just goes to a blank screen.  If I update later I am able to get into my tax program, and so far I have been able to transmit my EFs.  I need to get this fix for future filings.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Go to your windows start menu and click on it.  Now go to ProSeries, click on it and then click repair updates.  See if that helps.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Go to your windows start menu and click on it.  Now go to ProSeries, click on it and then click repair updates.  See if that helps.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

@IntuitAustin @IntuitAlicia Hi, Austin and Alicia, I have seen over the last few months a lot of PS-related posts are tagged for PTO.  Is there a problem with how product tags are set up?  Without the correct tags, it's difficult to know how and whether to respond.  Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

People see "Pro" and just click.  It was the same thing dealing with "ProSeries" and "Quickbooks Pro" in the old forum.  Having everything called "Proconnect" doesn't exactly help the cause.  You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him swim -------------------- or something like that.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

It's always nice to know you're being respected as a Pro.  It's time Lacerte users get the same recognition, so that they don't feel left out, lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

How does ProCerte sound?  You probably could raise the price though if it was La'Procerte or something fancy like that.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

You should go copyright these before Intuit does.  You can then license then back to Intuit.  Probably a better way to make your pretty penny than signing up for the new and improved pay-by-refund program.

Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

How about changing the stupid name change?

Lacerte by ProConnect

ProSeries by ProConnect

Tax Online by ProConnect

EasyACCT by We Ignore You

etc.

In that way every product starts with a different letter and the well educated tax preparers don't have to think so hard while they are under stress.

Maybe @IntuitAustin could propose this to the head office. It would help getting questions to the right spot. 

P.S. I almost kept this totally serious, but it is a valid suggestion (for the most part)

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

Jeff... the saying is ' You take a horse to drink, but you can't make it water'.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks - I'm not very good with numbers or horses.  

On the bright side, I'm not bad with haircuts.  I did a little trimming on my own last night and it doesn't look half bad.  It doesn't look half good either, but I'm happy with not half bad.

Slava Ukraini!