Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax due withdrawal date change for federal level?

Highlighted
Level 1

How can I change the date to withdraw tax due on Form 1040 year 2019 (federal level)?

Labels (1)
9 Replies 9
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8

You can’t change it once it’s efile. Only possibility is 1040x but i doubt it would work 

Highlighted
Level 3

If you have already efiled the client can call the Electronic Filing division of the IRS and change the date.  Give them the number 1-888-353-4537

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Yes, that is a work around, but it takes time to explain in detail to the client & lends to making mistakes.  Why should we have to do this?  We pay a lot of money for Lacerte to work properly.  I'm no programmer, but all they need to do is change the restriction on the input from 04/15/2020 to 07/15/2020.  It shouldn't be so difficult to change a "4" to a "7".  I want to file returns now & set up the direct withdrawal on 07/15/2020.  Also some people want to get their state refunds now, especially when they are out of work.  Lacerte needs to fix the box.

Highlighted
Level 3

I agree, but if the return is already filed, there is no way to change the date.  They can call if they want to change it...so far, NONE of my clients have wanted to change their withdrawal date!  Or maybe they just don't want to call the IRS LOL...one owes over 10k

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Currently, the Federal Electronic payment of balance due input field "must be after 01/01/2020 but before 04/15/2020".  This field needs to change IMMEDIATELY to allow us to have automatic withdrawals up to & including 07/15/2020.  Lacerte programmers need to update this field now.  This is the same issue with CA returns, which also allow payment up to 07/15/2020! 

Highlighted
Level 3

And Proseries...does it help to file an extension?  Does that let the date change?  I am going to try right now!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

LOL  did not work...PROSERIES techs....please fix this ASAP!!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-news-and-updates/discussion/is-the-tax-deadline-de...

This is the place where Proseries and Lacerte are working with the IRS to fix the problem.  I called and they don't have a date yet, but hopefully soon!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Thank you for the information & for looking into this.  Yes, hopefully soon.