Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superseding corporate tax return

bayanova-elena
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

Technically, the IRS does accept e-filing of superseding returns.  Some tax software programs do allow that but not PTO or Lacerte.

If you are not filing that as an amended return, you will need to file the superseding return on paper but make sure you do the following so that "Superseding Return" will be shown on top of the 1120.

1. Click on General > Miscellaneous Information;
  2. Click on the Miscellaneous tab;
  3. Scroll down to the line Explanation on top of main form [Override] and enter "Superseding Return" without quotation marks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Rox
Level 3

IRS has been accepting electronically filed superseding business returns since 2018. I think Intuit needs to get up to speed. According to Pub 4163, when taxpayers are required to efile returns then any superseding or amending return must also be e-filed. It's faster, more efficient, and my clients expect it. I have not printed, let alone filed, any paper returns for business income taxes in years. 

0 Cheers