Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should there be a number in the tax summary for taxes paid when none were paid?

ewkcpa
Level 1

The tax comparison summary lists taxes paid as a potential itemized deduction.  No taxes were paid and the number listed was not entered in any input screen.  How can I remove this or determine the source of the information.  While it does not affect the return, I dislike showing wrong information on any paperwork.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

That's probably because PTO automatically imputed a deduction for state sales tax.  If you would prefer to show $0 for taxes based on actual income tax, you can force the use of SIT by entering "1" on the following line:

Deductions > Itemized Deductions (Sch A) > Taxes > 1=force income tax, 2=force sales tax, blank=optimize

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

That's probably because PTO automatically imputed a deduction for state sales tax.  If you would prefer to show $0 for taxes based on actual income tax, you can force the use of SIT by entering "1" on the following line:

Deductions > Itemized Deductions (Sch A) > Taxes > 1=force income tax, 2=force sales tax, blank=optimize

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
ewkcpa
Level 1
Thank you so much- it was driving me crazy!  I hate it when things happen by default and the solution is difficult!
0 Cheers