Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule C - Asset Vehicle Mileage question

Tara_ABT
Level 2

On the ProConnect Tax, I am entering a vehicle which depreciates for a Schedule C.  It's more than 50% business usage.  Under the "Total Mileage" section, should that be total mileage on the odometer or total miles driven in the year?  

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

It's a tax year form. That means Total for the tax year (not on the odo), computing business mileage against that total, to get the business % use.

Have you seen this article:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/enter-vehicle-expenses-sc...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

Wow.... exactly 50%.  How strange.

How many business miles would you have to enter if you entered the odometer reading to get to that 'exact' 50%?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Tara_ABT
Level 2

It's more than 50%, I just meant it's one of those cases where it would qualify for more than 50% business use.  I've edited my original post to reflect that!  Thanks!

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I don't use PTO, but I suspect it is for the entire year.

But you can check it by entering an amount, and see how the amounts are prorated and how it shows up on the tax return.

Tara_ABT
Level 2

Thank you so much!

qbteachmt
Level 15

It's a tax year form. That means Total for the tax year (not on the odo), computing business mileage against that total, to get the business % use.

Have you seen this article:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/enter-vehicle-expenses-sc...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Tara_ABT
Level 2

Thank you!!!!

0 Cheers