Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Tax - Reimbursed Expense

Highlighted
Level 1

Quickbooks Online updated their Sales Tax Center. Prior to the update, I was able to allocate discounts for paying sales & use tax early as a reimbursed expense / other income. This option is no longer allowed.

I'm curious to know the best practice for working with the new QBO sales tax center and tracking my reimbursed expense / other income for federal tax reporting purposes. 

Any thoughts or recent experiences on this subject?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 12
You are Lost on the internet. This is a Tax Community. The QB Community is found at this link:
https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

I'm not lost on the internet. I posted here to gain insight on this entry from a tax entry perspective based on the changes to QBO sales tax center.  

I just assumed tax professionals would have an opinion.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 12
@William-01

We have been around this with you in the past, here:
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-online-discussions/discussion/how-do-i-catego...

Back then, it was explained you are in the Wrong Forum for QBO questions. That hasn't changed. If you are using some sort of Bookmark, you should create one for your QBO peer users' forum.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 12

You asked: "I'm curious to know the best practice for working with the new QBO sales tax center"

The tax professionals that are users of Intuit's Tax return preparation programs have no idea how QBO Sales Tax Center works. Asking that question of the QBO Community is likely going to get you an applicable answer.

"Any thoughts or recent experiences on this subject?"

Not regarding QBO's Sales Tax Center. If you really want help, you would ask the Users of that function.

0 Cheers