Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Proconnect assessing the CA Shared Subsidy Penalty even though my client qualifies for the short coverage gap exemption?

mhiguera247
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

I just checked and it does mark and compute the exemption automatically.  You need to double check that:

1. The names and IDs of each individual entered on Credits > Premium Tax Credit (1095-A, 8962) > CA Premium Assistance Subsidy/Penalty under Minimum Essential Coverage Not Indicated Elsewhere for Covered Individuals are consistent with those entered under General > Client Information and Dependents; and
  2. The months in that same section during which each individual is covered must have 1 entered but with no more than 3 consecutive months left blank with no coverage.

When in doubt, check your informational and critical diagnostics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

I just checked and it does mark and compute the exemption automatically.  You need to double check that:

1. The names and IDs of each individual entered on Credits > Premium Tax Credit (1095-A, 8962) > CA Premium Assistance Subsidy/Penalty under Minimum Essential Coverage Not Indicated Elsewhere for Covered Individuals are consistent with those entered under General > Client Information and Dependents; and
  2. The months in that same section during which each individual is covered must have 1 entered but with no more than 3 consecutive months left blank with no coverage.

When in doubt, check your informational and critical diagnostics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
mhiguera247
Level 1

Thanks so much. I’m thinking the server was having issues. I had everything perfectly entered, deleted it, then reentered it exactly the same. It worked and then kicked me out of Proconnect. I logged back on and it no longer was generating the exemption. I logged on the next morning and it was working. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Sounds good!  Glad you have that resolved.  Have a great weekend.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers