Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are non-cash contributions disallowed as a MN itemized deduction? No matter how I enter them into the software, they are disallowed as a MN deduction.

bill15
Level 2
The only workaround I've found is to enter them in the "Contribution Deduction (Override)" entry box for Form 8283. But if I do that, then the amounts no longer show on Form 8283.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

Tried it myself.  Looks like a bug (aka "unexpected behavior").

@IntuitBettyJo Could you please have the developers take a look and give us an update?  Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yep, I'll get this over and update you with what I find. Thanks for the mention 🙂 

-Betty Jo 

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Our ProConnect team is aware of this Unexpected Behavior and the fix should be released within the next couple of releases.   Hopefully today, but potentially next week. 

-Betty Jo 

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Release is live and the issue has been resolved, thanks again for your patience and bringing this to our attention. @itonewbie @bill15  

-Betty Jo