Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where on the form 1065 do I input to get the unadjusted basis for qualified property?

Eric Daley
Level 1

where on the form 1065 do I input to get the unadjusted basis for qualified property? I thought you would go to the detail of each fixed asset and click on "Activity name or number".  When I do that, the drop-down gives me only one option to click on...."Undefined." So I did that for all fixed assets and only a portion of the fixed assets came up as qualifying for the calculation of unadjusted basis for qualified property. Any help would be great.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Before selecting activity, you need to select Form. Is the asset tied to 1=1065 or maybe it is tied to 3=8825 or ...?  

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Eric Daley
Level 1

Thanks George for responding. I did assign it to Form 8825 # 3 (it is rental real estate).

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You should be able to leave the activity number blank, if you only have one rental

Look at the K-1 and scroll down pages to the statement A.  You should find the UBIA there.

0 Cheers
Eric Daley
Level 1

OK, it is picking up some of the fixed assets as qualified but not nearly all of them. It lists maybe 20 of the total 75 fixed assets. I don't know why it is leaving some of them out. Almost all of the fixed assets should qualify except for the step-ups. Again, thanks for your help on this.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Are some assets fully depreciated? Are some assets past their "best by" date? Look up what constitutes UBIA. Support will be open tomorrow, you should likely contact them.

0 Cheers
Eric Daley
Level 1

Yes, I'll check into that and call tomorrow as well. Have a great day George.

0 Cheers