Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will software be updated for the unemployment adjustment

smithaj
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
sjrcpa
Level 15

At the federal level it has been.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

And it was updated last week....

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
rbynaker
Level 13

But when will the software be updated for the adjustment to the unemployment adjustment based on the adjusted IRS worksheet that was posted today?

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/new-exclusion-of-up-to-10200-of-unemployment-compensation

But at this point does it really matter?  If it's filed wrong won't the IRS just fix it along with all of the other returns that were filed wrong?

sjrcpa
Level 15

I'm about ready to surrender. 🏳️

Ex-AllStar
rbynaker
Level 13

And then when will Maryland adjust the state adjustment to the adjusted federal adjustment which happened after the state already adjusted the adjustment for the original federal adjustment which was after, of course, the state already made their own adjustment.

abctax55
Level 15

@sjrcpa 

I have surrendered, my blood pressure couldn't take anymore of the repetitive questions.  

I know the search function here is beyond worthless, but still.... really.... do YA' think no one else has asked ?????

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Rick... like I keep saying... whack a mole.😂

( Generic Comment )"
rbynaker
Level 13

I'm generally ignoring the reruns.  Unless I see friends posting, that's what suckered me into this one. 🙂