Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When it comes to the form w-7 in PTO, I tried to input the 'Korea, South' in Country, Foreign Address, but I got the following message; 'Up to 10 characters allowed'., which I think is in error. Please fix it.

When it comes to the form w-7 in PTO, I tried to input the 'Korea, South' in Country, Foreign Address, but I got the following message; 'Up to 10 characters allowed'., which I think is in error. Please fix it.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
BobKamman
Level 15

There really isn't any country called "Korea, South" but Republic of Korea doesn't fit either.  I wouldn't wait for Intuit programmers to change the specs -- either use just "Korea," or the fillable pdf form online. 

I wonder how people from the United Kingdom get around this artificial limit.  Or Afghanistan, for that matter.  

There was a story recently about how the British are trying to deport someone to the Dominican Republic because his father was from Dominica, another country 600 miles away.  (They want to deport his twin brother to Grenada because his mother was born there.)  They were both born in London.  Sometimes, those extra letters are needed.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

PTO does have a drop down. Here is what you get when you use it:

Capture.JPG

Maybe @IntuitAustin or @IntuitBettyJo can pass it up the food chain for a reaction.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Thanks George, I'll share this defect with our ProConnectTax development team.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers

It does not work yet. I can NOT input the South Korea yet.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

"I'll share this defect with our ProConnectTax development team." does not mean that anything will be done about it, and certainly not within a week. 

You have to paper file it any way, so print to pdf and edit it, or print on paper and fix it.

Ex-AllStar