Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most depreciation assets the ProConnect can handle?

Nick MacDonald
Level 3
I have a property manager with multiple properties.  I used the import feature to import around 325 assets to ProConnect Online.  Now moving around between screens is slow to non responsive.  

Have I exceeded the system capabilities?

Do I need more memory for my PC?  

Advice appreciated.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

Did you get this resolved?

Intuit does not  publish limits, but I believe I once heard 999 as #, but sometimes you could run into a dollar limit which I believe is $999,999.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Nick MacDonald
Level 3

George, thanks for the reply.  

I contacted support, the Rep knew of a client who had 2,000 assets in one return.  I have not heard about a dollar limit, I should be fine (hopefully), as my client has many low value assets.  

BTW:  Intuit is working on enhancements to the fixed asset navigation. What exists now is painful if you need to navigate to a specific asset in the middle of a large inventory of assets.  I suggested at a minimum, give us a jump to page feature.  

BTW 2:  (Off topic):  They are also working on improving navigation for 8825 entry when there are large numbers of rental properties.  My return filled the page with property selection and I had to reduce view to 67% in order to enter income and expense items.  It was hard on these old eyes.  

Thanks, again, George.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
That is one of the reasons that paying extra for Lacerte is worth it.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Nick MacDonald
Level 3

If I get many more big ones, I may have to switch.  

I think the last time I used Lacerte was with input sheets.  It's been a while.  👴

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Navigation through a large number of assets definitely needs to be improved.  In the meantime, you could use the search box to look for an entry.  If you have a system to code/describe these assets, it may help you "jump" to the entries a little bit faster.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Nick MacDonald
Level 3

Yeah, I see your point.  Unfortunately, I sealed my fate when I imported a prior preparer's generic descriptions such as "House", "Land", "Improvements".... Although it may be bit of help to get me to a mid point in the inventory quicker.  I may give it a shot next time I'm in the return.  

Thanks, itonewbie, for the idea.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @Nick MacDonald.  Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers